Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Does geographic location determine the popularity of designer handbags?



While out taking pictures of women and their handbags, I began to notice that Michael Kors, Balenciaga, and Chanel were three of the most popular designer brands that I came across, here in Los Angeles County.

But the thing about that was, all of the pictures, that I had taken, were shot locally, and I wanted to know what other designer brands women were carrying in other places.

And while at the moment, I’m not physically able to travel outside of the area, I can always do some research online. And that’s just what I did.

The first site I visited was Glamour.com, and they had a list of the 10 most popular designer handbags for spring 2012, but their list did not include any of the designer brands that I mentioned above. They listed several truly awesome designers like: Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Tory Burch, but the 3 designer brands that I listed above were not included. This information appeared to be based on spring 2012 fashion shows –fashion shows where? I’m not exactly sure.

Next, I found an article posted on luckymag.com, from July 19 2012, which included the following statements: “the UK was the country with the most handbag searches per person, a large population of women in Japan own Louise Vuitton products, and certain countries are loyal to brands founded on their own soil.”

Luckymag.com listed the Chanel “Caviar Petite Timeless Tote” as the second most popular designer bag that consumers searched for, and the Michael Kors “Jet Set” was listed as number 10, but Balenciaga wasn’t included within their list of brands, most searched for, during that time period, at all.

The third, and last, site that I visited was fashion.telegraph.co, which is a site located within the UK, and even though the Chanel “Boy Bag” was listed as the third most popular bag, neither Michael Kors, nor Balenciaga made their list.

I had a great time visiting these sites, and all of the designer purses and handbags that were pictures were beautiful. But I guess most women carry the bags that they find most attractive, popular, affordable, or convenient. To be honest with you – I like them all.

Now I need to get out of here, and take more pictures.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment